Technical Advisor – South-East UK
07 Dec 2017
|View this job on CAMBRA Recruitment site|
|Add this job to my basket|
DescriptionABOUT THE COMPANY
The company was founded in 1978 with the objective of providing better technology to the aboveground storage tank market, creating products which not only solved the emissions problems of the day but also eliminated the operational issues created by the existing floating roof and seal technologies.
The company is the global leader in aboveground storage tank solutions, bringing a distinct level of innovation and service to the tank industry through a unique approach of partnering with customers to optimize tank operations.
A Technical Advisors is responsible for ensuring that jobs in the field are performed efficiently, safely, and in a quality manner. The Technical Advisor is the primary contact for Field Crew and will direct the customer with regard to site related activities. The Technical Advisor will work with the Field Crew and the Project Managers to achieve these goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Ensure that jobs are being executed in an efficient manner and that the Field Crew has all the resources needed to achieve the goal of completing the job on time and on/ under budget;
• Responsible for communicating to the Project Managers any problems with field work and with assisting in resolving those problems;
• Communicate with the Project Manager with regard to job schedules and performance issues that may arise;
• Ensure that all the Company’s and site-specific safety policies and procedures are being followed;
• Responsible for assisting with the maintenance of Company-owned equipment as needed. Communicate with the department head regarding equipment problems;
• Assist the Project Manager in identifying scope of work changes;
• Coordinate communication among your team members, the customer, and subcontractors as needed;
• Attend job walks and bid meetings as needed to assist the Project Managers in determining the site conditions and developing the scope of work for customer quotations;
• Ensure that all QA/QC policies and procedures are being followed;
• Assist with the training of employees as needed;
• Assume the site related project duties of a working supervisor when required;
• South East UK based;
• Be available for international assignments.
EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENT:
• High School Graduate;
• Health and Safety Qualification (can be provided by the Company);
• The applicant for the position of Technical Advisor should have experience supervising personnel in the Petrochemical Industry or a similar construction work environment;
• The applicant must be experienced with organizing construction activities, managing people and providing customers with technical advice.
MENTAL/ REASONING REQUIREMENTS
• Reading - English;
• Writing – English;
• Passion for Results;
• Building Trust;
• High Work Standards;
• Computer Skill – Advanced;
• Decision Making;
• Full Drivers License;
• Delegating Responsibility;
• Planning & Organizing.
• X Colour Perception (Red, Green, Amber);
• Hearing/ Listening;
• Clear Speech;
• Ability to move distances within and between warehouses/ offices;
• Ability to Mount and Dismount Forklift/ Truck;
• Lifting (specify);
• Pushing/ Pulling.
• Shift Work;
• Works Alone;
• Works with Others;
• Verbal Contact w/Others;
• Face-to-Face Contact;
• Extreme Heat;
• Extreme Cold;
• Mechanical Equipment;
• Electrical Equipment;
• Pressurized Equipment;
• Moving Objects;
• High Places;
• Fumes/ Odors;
• Hazardous Materials;
• Dirt Dust.
• Drug testing.
• A Technical Advisor will receive a competitive compensation package with full-time salaried benefits including annual leave, health insurance, health screening, company mobile telephone, pension scheme/ saving plan.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/ or skills required of all personnel so classified.
15 Mar 2018
£35K to £40K pa
Working for a top tier commercial property consultancy you will be working as a Facilities Manager across multiple sites and for multiple clients. You will work with a variety of properties including office, industrial and retail. Day to day responsibilities: - Health and Safety -
13 May 2015
HR Consultant Report to: Head of Employment Law Team Department: Employment Law Team Location: Wilmslow Salary: £39,095 per annum The Role Citation is one of the UK’s biggest providers of Health & Safety, HR, Employment Law and ISO services to businesses. We are far from your average
A good knowledge of the courier industry or postal warehouse activities would be an advantage for this permanent late shift role - Monday to Friday 1200-2100 hrs. You will have excellent communication skills and be PC literate (Word Excel Outlook). A full Driving
Welwyn Garden City,Hertfordshire,United Kingdom
25 Jan 2018
£30K to £35K pa
Following further expansion plans, this major UK multi-category retailer is growing the Insights function and is on the hunt for a talented Insights professional. The business has seen tremendous growth over recent years and continues to lead the way in how
23 Jan 2018
£26K to £29K pa
Business Development Manager – Office Supplies - £40,000 OTE A new and exciting opening has become available for a Business Development Manager to join vibrant market leading company within the Office Supplies industry with immense career growing opportunities. Reporting straight to