10 Jan 2018
Kingscroft Professional Resources
£25,000 to £50,000 pa
Market Drayton,Shropshire,United Kingdom
|View this job on Kingscroft Professional Resources site|
|Add this job to my basket|
DescriptionDue to expansion Kingscroft have been asked to recruit for a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to join the commercial department of a well-established and successful civils and groundworks construction company to work across a number of developments. Our client has an excellent reputation for delivering high quality residential civils projects at sites across the Midlands. As the perfect candidate you will be an experienced as a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator with knowledge and skills in cost control of projects in the civils and groundworks sector working on residential projects.
The ideal candidate will have a background in estimating/surveying for residential groundworks and civil engineering projects. Alongside this you must be computer literate and able to liaise with many of the company’s clients and suppliers. Residential Groundwork experience is a NEEDED for this role
As an experienced estimator, duties/responsibilities will include some of the below:
• You are responsible for ensuring that tender material, plant and Sub Contract enquiries are sent out and received in a timely manner.
• A minimum of three prices are required for each and every item.
• Assuming the site investigation is received we need to check and where necessary include for the presence of ground water and any other requirements that are given (ground gases, CBR’s, clean capping, rock, sand etc).
• Take offs from tender drawings need to be clear and legible so they can be easily abstracted into the standard bill format.
• You must produce an electronic (excel) Bill of Quantities that is accurate and tidy so it can be submitted as our pricing document.
• Drainage needs to be taken off from tender drawings and entered into the template which calculates backfill and disposal quantities.
• Foundations need to be taken off from tender drawings and entered into the template. Linear m ‘runs’ of each foundation section also need to be priced.
• Generally all rates need to be accurately calculated using the current labour, plant and material elements – rates should not be taken from previous jobs for ease.
• S278 works (or similar) need to be priced on a time and motion basis. Ensure that a Contracts Manager has produced a resourced programme so we correctly tender for the works.
• Our tenders need to be submitted on time which must fit in with our Clients deadlines. If we can’t submit the tenders on time we need to be liaising with the Clients at the earliest opportunity to make sure we can still submit a price.
• All tenders submitted must clearly state a list of our assumptions and exclusions for the Client. To generate this we need to make sure all tender documents are reviewed and that we are satisfied we have included everything that is necessary within our tender price.
• All tenders need to be reviewed with the Commercial Director prior to submitting to the Client.
• Liaise with the Commercial Director to ensure that we are chasing for feedback on tenders that have been submitted.
A competitive salary ranging from £25k-£50k will be offered for this role DOE.
Please apply now for a confidential discussion regarding this or any other role at Kingscroft.
Benefits£25k-£50k Per Annum & Package
Stourbridge,Hereford and Worcester,United Kingdom
05 Jan 2017
Our client is currently looking for an experienced MIG Welder / Fabricator to join an established and friendly team based in Stourbridge. You will be required to weld and fabricate parts, working off drawings and other duties as required.
Guernsey,Channel Islands,United Kingdom
16 Jan 2018
Our client is a private bank and wealth management company seeking to recruit a Contractor to join their Business Implementation team. This is a contract role for an initial period of 6 months. There might be scope for these contract to be
06 Nov 2017
Are you an Architect who specialises in the residential sector? If so and you're looking for a new challenge this opening in Hampshire could be for you. This medium sized architectural firm who have a thriving and growing housing client base are
We are looking for Spa/Beauty Therapists to join our team to work within 5* Spas, we cover a variety of sites across the UK that are a sanctuary of peace and calm to work in. This is a great job opportunity
Kingston upon Thames,Surrey,United Kingdom
02 Oct 2014
£25K to £35K pa
A fantastic and unique Field Sales Engineer opportunity has arisen at an exciting and expanding company due to an unprecedented year of growth. Covering Middlesex, South Berkshire and West London you will selling Welding Equipment, Welding Supplies, Abrasive Equipment, Power Tools
Kingscroft Professional Resources