Healthcare Assistant Team Leader
09 Feb 2018
2M Employment Solutions Limited
|View this job on 2M Employment Solutions Limited site|
|Add this job to my basket|
DescriptionHealthcare Assistant Team Leader
Salary: £28,392pa, 35 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
We are currently recruiting for a Healthcare Assistant Team Leader to join a world leading imaging study at out new state of the art clinic in Reading.
The UK Biobank project is intended to provide comprehensive brain, body, cardiac, carotid and bone imaging on a subset of 100,000 volunteers. The Imaging Centres are open for 13 hours a day, 7 days a week with the aim of processing 18 participants per day.
The post-holder will be responsible for the line management of a team of Healthcare Assistants. Outside of general line management duties the day-to-day activities will be primarily involving participant venepuncture, and subsequent laboratory sample processing, as well as assessment of physical measurements and medical interview. You may be required to assist with other areas including 12-lead ECG measurements and carotid ultrasound which training would be provided.
Line management responsibilities will include induction and training of new HCA starters as well as performance management reviews. The post holder will work closely with the Imaging Project Team to ensure the HCA team meet quality control objectives and to ensure the entire HCA team adhere to the applicable standard operating procedures.
Duties to include:
• Team leading & Management: Recruitment, induction, training, performance management,
• Perform Venepuncture: Obtaining blood specimens, Deal with any complications that may arise from improperly drawn blood, Be familiar with venepuncture safety protocols ensuring infection control and safety at all times
• Process Samples within the Lab: Maintain cleanliness and monitor lab temperatures, transferring samples from pipettes into storage tubes, Oversee shipment of samples to storage, advise team of any daily processing issues
To be considered for this role, the following skills and experience are required:
• Experience of working in a clinical or medical environment.
• Must have venepuncture skills including a clear understanding of venepuncture safety and infection control.
• Must be personable, polite, and patient, and have a calm demeanour and present a professional image at all times.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills both spoken and written with the ability to clearly explain procedures and instructions to participants.
• Must be able to undertake repetitive tasks to a high quality.
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent manual dexterity.
• Must be able to escalate issues to the relevant person effectively.
• Must exhibit attention to detail, with a specific focus on quality.
• Must be disciplined in relation to following protocols and procedures.
• Must be proficient in IT (Microsoft Office).
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality when working with patient information.
• Experience of line/people management and team leadership a distinct benefit.
• Willingness to travel to other sites as required.
• Familiarity with ISO standards (ISO 9001, ISO 15189, ISO27001).
We offer a competitive salary, and holidays based on an equivalent of 26 days holiday, membership of the USS pension scheme and several other employee benefits are also provided.
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm Friday 23rd February 2018.
UK Biobank operates to ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013 regulations as well as UKAS 17025:2005 regulations.
To apply please forward your CV by clicking 'Apply'.
Endeavour Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Manager with Financial knowledge to join our leading client in Wembley. Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Finance/Banking. Attractive salary of up to £50K.
Registered Nurse - Days Bicester, Oxford £18.50 an hour weekdays, £19.50 weekends Our client is in need of a RGN for their Nursing Home in Bicester. This 50 bedded home provides Nursing, Residential & Dementia care. There is free parking available and
Care Home Manager Oxford £55,000 plus benefits Due to promotion we are looking for a new Home Manager for our clients modern care home in Oxford. The home provides, nursing, residential and dementia care and is rated GOOD by the CQC. There
29 Jan 2018
£45K to £50K pa
Technical Services Manager Full Time Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.30pm £45-50k pa + benefits including wellbeing scheme, sickness benefit, retail discounts, free parking and up to 28 days annual leave plus public holidays Location – Based between sites at SK6 2SN - Stockport
10 Jan 2018
£40K to £45K pa
An award-winning Home Furnishings provider is now recruiting for an Area Sales Manager role in the South-East region. After appearing on The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to work for list this company is looking to capitalise on its recognition
2M Employment Solutions Limited