Financial Controller - Nottinghamshire - Retail
16 Feb 2018
£40,000 to £50,000 pa
|Add this job to my basket|
DescriptionChurchill Howard are recruiting for a financial controller to join a market leading retailer based in Nottinghamshire. A leading organisation in the retail sector they have long term growth plans with forecasts to grow organically and through acquisition.
This role will involve taking ownership in ensuring all financial controls and governance are in place to safeguard the effective running of the finance function. You will be required to work at a fast pace and be able to effectively advise and liaise with senior stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Key point of contact for all finance requirements and liaise with group finance function.
• Monthly management accounts including commentary.
• Monthly reviews with directors, reporting, validating and explaining balances and variances in relation with organisational performance.
• Ensure compliance with group and statutory reporting through robust controls
• Produced budgets and forecasts in collaboration with directors
• Record movements of stock accurately and take up periodic stock reviews
• Liaise with external stakeholders such as banks, legal and auditors
• Look to continuously improve and using your commercial awareness to identify opportunities through relationships you will have built with senior managers across the organisation
• Explaining through commercial acumen the justification of capital expenditure
Skills & experience sought:
• Qualified or part qualified CIMA/ACCA
• Ability to implement and maintain strong internal controls
• Proven commercial acumen in a professional capacity
• Excellent organisational and communication skills to influence key stakeholders
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills e.g. V-look up, macros, formulae
• Knowledge of Oracle
• Previous industry experience
In return, you’ll be working for an established household name continuing their growth. This is an opportunity for an ambitious accountant to make a tangible impact on a company that inspires their people to progress, feel valued and engaged through professional and personal development.
Benefitsplus excellent benefits
04 Jun 2018
£50K to £80K pa
We are looking for someone with a proven track record as Finance Director delivering on a full range of financial responsibilities including managing a team, ideally with a knowledge of the insurance industry. The Finance Director will have a proven
17 May 2016
£22K to £28K pa
MOT Tester / Vehicle Technician or Mechanic for leading national employer in Edinburgh > Basic salary £24,000 > Great bonus potential > Great opportunities for promotion > Great benefits > Stable, strong employer A Vehicle Technician or MOT Tester Technician is required by the leading national garage
WE ARE HIRING: Lead WordPress Developer / Website Analyst Would you like to create digital solutions that transform lives, enhance society and really make a difference? Do you want to be part of a team that comes to work to inspire, excite
Birmingham,West Midlands,United Kingdom
03 May 2018
An experienced Part II Architectural Assistant with Revit expertise is needed in central Birmingham. This will be a 3-month contract with view to extension depending on work load. Up to £23ph LTD depending on experience. If you are looking to expand
11 Feb 2015
£18K to £23K pa
Service Advisor within a successful car dealership. >Salisbury >Basic £18,000 >Great bonus >Stable dealer group Due to internal developments our client needs a Service Advisor within the busy Aftersales team. The successful Service Advisor will possess a blend of customer service skills and basic mechanical knowledge. Comfortable working